Happy Mother's Day!
Updated: May 5
May is Mental Health Month, and Mother’s Day celebrations are also around the corner! In honor of Mental Health Month, we would like to take the time to emphasize the important role that our mental well-being plays in our overall health and longevity.
Studies show that 1 in 5 Americans has some form of mental health condition. Its prevalence is startling, and hopefully, this will teach us to be more compassionate to both ourselves and others when considering our physical and mental health. Here are a few basic but essential health tips to maximize your health and improve immune system function, and micro-circulation, promote longevity, and prevent illness:
1) Get some Sun! Moderate sun exposure (15 minutes a day) can help improve circulation and blood flow to the brain and improve cardiovascular function.
2) Regularly incorporate fish (or fish oil) and antioxidant-rich
foods in the diet, which can help boost brain function, decrease cholesterol, and promote cardiovascular health.
3) Drink at least 4 to 5 8-oz. cups of warm water each day. Research shows that only warm water – not cold water - hydrates at a deep, cellular level. Tea and coffee are dehydrating. Osteoporosis patients should drink more water to fill the cells and help bone density and circulation.
4) Get plenty of sleep at the right hours. The best time for quality sleep is from 10 p.m. to about 6:30 a.m. Sleeping too late negatively affects the immune system, concentration, and hormonal function.
5) Stick with a Mediterranean or pescatarian diet for maximum health and longevity.
6) Get acupuncture on a regular basis to help calm the mind, improve brain function, improve circulation and energy flow through the whole body, support immune health, balance hormones, and decrease overall stress in the body.
7）There are many mental and physical health benefits of daily meditation! Incorporate daily meditation and thoughts of gratitude into your daily practice for a happier, healthier life.
In honor of Mother’s Day, we are offering a discounted 3-session facial acupuncture package for $450 (total $495 value). Speak with our front desk to find out more about acupuncture for facial rejuvenation and schedule your appointment today!
* Special offer only valid through May 31, 2023, with full payment. Call today!